Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

any way to not have to load libraries all the time

Hi,

I am being slowed down in developing momentics->playbook device because my current app uses ffmpeg, qt, openal, socket libraries. It's taking an age to load onto device - is there anything I can do about this?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Carrier: Vip

Re: any way to not have to load libraries all the time

Simply copy them to shared/misc and change path in bar descriptor.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

I'm halfway through trying to implement what has been suggested, im also refering to this project..

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Large-projects/td-p/1613903/page/2

I have removed all references to libraries in bar descriptor and i have changed the lib path to ./data instead. The .so files are now in sandbox/data using tager file in momentics.

What about the includes though? (properties/preprocessor/includes -I What would you put here so the compiler doesnt compain? Do I not put anything in xml file as here borceg suggests changing paths and dtomilovskiy suggests removing all paths in xml file.

Help is much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Carrier: other

if what is slowing you down is the copying of .so files to your device, then remove them as assets from your bar descriptor file for the time being and just update LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the path where you have copied them semi-permanently.  (hint, you can rename your .bar file to .zip, unzip the contents and see what is taking up so much space).

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

It now takes a fraction of the time - thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.