Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
gariac
My Device: Not Specified

Re: anyone successfull with installing momentics on linux?

Is there some technical reason why java is built into Momentics? That kind of defeats the spirit of write once, run anywhere. Also the need to set up the desktop just for the program to work is very odd. Refer back to my comments on GTK2.

If you need a beta tester for opensuse, let me know. I probably couldn't be of much beyond seeing if it installs.

New Developer
sailorcire
My Device: Q10

On 13.1 Have you been able to get the SDK loaded? Mine tries to download, but disappears after installation. I've open a bug for this. Also, in 13.1 are you using the x86 or x86_64 version? x86_64 was unable to find some libraries to install and run out of the box (even though ldd -v shows they are there). I'll try and find your USB post as I got that working..
Contributor
gariac
My Device: Not Specified

I am on open suse 13.1 x86_64. I've probably been on 64 bit for a decade or close to it.  That is why I'm baffled Momentics is 32 bits. I started out on AMD cpus, and only recent went back to intel after AMD lost their edge.

I have loaded the latest sdk, but thanks to Tmob, I can't use it. But I can call up the sample code, so I think the sdk is loaded.  It sure took long enough to download.

Needless to say, I hate when programs load files without indicating where they go. The sdk doesn't get stored in the .rim directory.

Developer
nik005
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

hey maarko,

I saw your error. I would like to suggest you that check out whether your java path is set or not for perticular user through which you are trying to install the momentics. because to install binary file you need to have java on your machine and its path must be set with perticular user.

I am using momentics 2.0 on Ubuntu 12.04. I have installed it by normal user account. and it is working fine.

All the best