Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
oddboy
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1
Accepted Solution

auto orientation stopped working?

hi gang,

i have a pretty simple app, mostly QML with a little c++ helper class.

this was working ok last night, but it seems that the app has stopped auto orienting.

auto-orient is set in the bar descriptor file.  however, the app won't rotate out of portrait.

I am not forcing the orientation anywhere, and this used to "just work" (tm).

I'm using the camera in my app, and there's some debug output that looks like it should be auto orienting... 

The rear camera unit is accessible.
PpsTimeSettingsObject::newSettingsData() emitted 
NavigationPane: NavigationPaneOnFwdTransitionDone: emitting push transition ended for page: 12 client top: 12 
OrientationSupportPrivate::setSupportedDisplayOrientation: displayOrientation: CurrentLocked 
OrientationSupport::setSupportedDisplayOrientation(): Main application window not active, delaying orientation change until it becomes active. 
OrientationSupportPrivate::onWindowActive(): window now ready, retrying delayed setSupportedDisplayOrientation() call 
OrientationSupportPrivate::retrySetSupportedDisplayOrientation():  retrying delayed setSupportedDisplayOrientation() 
OrientationSupportPrivate::setSupportedDisplayOrientation: displayOrientation: CurrentLocked 
OrientationSupportPrivate::setSupportedDisplayOrientation: successfully changed to CurrentLocked 
OrientationSupportPrivate::setSupportedDisplayOrientation: displayOrientation: All 
OrientationSupportPrivate::setSupportedDisplayOrientation: successfully changed to All 
OrientationSupportPrivate::setSupportedDisplayOrientation: displayOrientation: All 

anything else i can check or try to get the app autoorienting again?

thanks!

J

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

Re: auto orientation stopped working?

[ Edited ]

a few questions.  Is the issue only occuring on 10.2?

also have you changed any code since it stopped working?  the simplest tiny non camera related errors can cause most camera functions to stop working. (Trust me, its a pain)

One thing you could try doing is creating a new project and manually migrating your code over, that can sometimes cause issues.

In the code you posted I did notice that the orientation is set to locked.  Is your devices orientation locked? you may also want to check the bar descriptor to see if orientation is set to Auto-Orient on the "Application" page,

Developer
oddboy
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1

Re: auto orientation stopped working?

oh, FFS, I'm an **bleep**.

screen orientation lock was on..   I've been pulling my hair out for 2 hours!

DOH!

Thanks!

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com