Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry dev alpha
My Carrier: synqua

bb10 cocos2d-x setup with details.

Hello,

I am trying very hard to installing cocos2d-x for bb 10 on my windows 7 PC. but didn'd successed 

can any one help me out with this thing. all default examples are running properly. but cocos2d-x setup is not getting done or not getting able to running any example of cocos2d-x.

Thanks 

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: bb10 cocos2d-x setup with details.

I'm experiencing similar problems on mac... if you explain us what is your exact problem maybe I can help you with my own experience.

JB

Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've been able to compile cocos2d-x using Momentics on Mac OS X and the examples (HelloCpp etc) were working. But this was a release or two ago. Please describe what you have already tried and the exact errors compiler gives.

Btw, which cocos2d-x & NDK versions are you using?

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
New Contributor

First of I am using windows 7 for that,

I am getting able to creat and build project by following this link

http://boredwookie.net/index.php/blog/blackberry-10-getting-the-cocos2d-x-hello-world-app-to-build/

but after building, my project is not running or debuging on simulator,

I have tried several settings of simulator like creating a new target and many other available options but didn't got success.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

What happens when you clike 'Debug' or 'Run'?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

finally my cocos2d-x setup for bb 10 is done. it was very straight forward, just import all the .blackberry extention things  from cocos2d-x folder and let them import as it will take some seconds which can be seen in a progress bar. then build all necessary folders for running the TestCpp project, which has tests of cocos2dx,

if gets error messages "freetype" then follow the procedure in given link

http://boredwookie.net/index.php/blog/blackberry-10-getting-the-cocos2d-x-hello-world-app-to-build/

And for running on a simulator, you should need to config a simulator for the project [after creating a  target simulator].

for that just right click->project->build configuratioin-> build selected

then check mark simulator among all options.

After that again right click->project->build configuratioin->set active->simulator

Now build and then debug the project, hopefully it will run :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: CMHK

Hi,

This series of steps works as of August 2013 . Cocos2dx version -  cocos2d-x-2.1.4

1. Download the Cocos2d-x project from http://www.cocos2d-x.org/ . This folder contains the cocos2d main libraries , sample code, and platform specific libraries for different platforms (web, desktop, iphone, android, blackberry).

2. The next task is to import the cocos2d libraries required for blackberry development into the Momentics IDE and successfully build the first project. A quick search of the Cocos2dx source directory reveals a list of proj.blackberry files which indicate blackberry related projects that could be imported. I found that importing the following proj.blackberry files into my workspace were sufficient to help me build the sample project included .

/cocos2d-x-2.1.4/cocos2dx/blackberry/proj.blackberry /cocos2d-x-2.1.4/CocosDenshion/blackberry/proj.blackberry /cocos2d-x-2.1.4/extensions/blackberry/proj.blackberry

3. Note that the main reasons for importing the projects above it to make them available as referenced projects to your libraries. This pretty much should handle errors of missing files or paths etc.

/cocos2d-x-2.1.4/template/blackberry/proj.blackberry

(This is the sample project which we will run and compile – BBTemplateProject)

1. To import each of the above File > Import > Existing Project into Workspace > Cocos2dx source directory above At this point you should have the BBTemplateProject imported. Now try to build it..

I have written a more detailed post about this here http://www.denvycom.com/blog/setting-up-cocos2d-for-blackberry-10-development/ . This post also includes a quick fix to handle a decode.h error you might encounter while trying to build your project.