Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
canurabus
My Device: PlayBook

blackberry-deploy install request taking too long

Hi,

I just replaced the debug token on my device after it expired. Now every install request takes about 2-3 minutes on the "Info: Action: Install" step. This is before the installation actually occurs and it transfers my files over. This didn't happen before the new debug token. I tried restarting the device and creating another token (by first explicitly removing the old one), but there's no change. It's basically impossible to do any testing with incremental updates on the device now. How do I fix this?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: blackberry-deploy install request taking too long

Is this on a BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry Dev Alpha?  Are you deploying over WiFi or USB?  If you are using WiFi try USB and note if the speed changes.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
step_jac
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Hi canurabus,

Not sure on your exact problem but this may be related to the amount of data being packaged in your BAR. The larger your BAR gets, the slower deployment/install becomes. You can speed up your general install/deploy times by skipping the BAR packaging/install as follows:

From the debug configuration menu:

- Select the Upload Tab.

- Change Deployment to "Only upload binary into existing installation".

- This will skip the BAR packaging step and upload a lot less data to the device, but note that the BAR needs to have been deployed once before prior to switching to this option. If you are modifying any related assets, make sure to switch deployment back to "Install Application from a BAR file" for those changes to be reflected on the device.

Kind regards,

Stephane

Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

And this is not going to work with Qt Creator??

Developer
Developer
klz
My Device: Z10 LE + Playbook

Just connect your device via USB and make sure to turn Wi-Fi off. It will delploy much faster. 

Thank you!
----------------------------
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
My Blog: http://bb10pro.com