Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
uniandi
My Device: z10 STL100-2 (developer)

bluetooth pairing

Hello,

how do I make a pairing to a bluetooth LE device persistent (use bonding for future conections), so that the pin is not asked for every time I connect to a device. Is that something I do in a program or is it done in the system bluetooth settings? (and therefore it might be the wrong place in the forum to ask)

The device is listed in the bluetooth settings. On other platforms the problem does not appear.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Re: bluetooth pairing

You do it in the Settings-Bluetooth page. Just scan, find your device and select it. If a PIN is required you'll be prompted. Enter it and your device should be "saved" meaning that its details are cached. You shouldn't get asked for the PIN again normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
New Developer
uniandi

Hello,

that is not enough (although it is marked as "saved. The device has one public gatt service and one requiring paring, as soon as i access one of the characteristics belonging to the second one, the pin is rerequested and then not required again as long as I keep the connection to that service.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

What is the device and do you know its firmware version? I've encountered this issue and I believe it was a problem with the bluetooth device rather than the BlackBerry in that case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
uniandi

Other people in the company are developing the firmware, so I can ask them about firmware details. Windows and IOS do not show that behaviour of asking for the pin so often (what does not mean the firmware is ok..).

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

OK, thanks. That's useful to know.

What BlackBerry device are you testing with and what BlackBerry OS version is it running?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
uniandi

I test on a blackberry z10

Model number STL100-2

Software Release 10.2.1.2102

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

Thanks, let me check for any known issues.

Can you tell me any more about the device you're testing with? That might be useful too.

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

Also, is your Bluetooth device acting as a central (we are the peripheral)?  How does it support privacy? 

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

Hi

I've established that this is a known issue. We are targeting the next release to have it resolved.

Regards

Martin

Please use plain text.