Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
bbdev12345
My Device: 9900

breakpoints problem

hello,

I am using momentics and adding breakpoints, when i debug the app with breakpoints not skipped the app just stops running on a blank screen. All breakpoint releated menu items are shaded out like suspend, step into, resume.

If i just skip breakpoints the app loads and runs fine but even if i unselect skip breakpoints once the app is running  the app will just stop running with no option to resume or breakpoint line being shown to me. 

So breakpoints arent working for me and I have spent hours trying to find out why - please any help on this?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bbdev12345

Re: breakpoints problem

[ Edited ]

I have found further information regarding this no breakpoint problem, its proving impossible to finish my project without them.

692,921 2-gdb-set breakpoint pending on
692,937 2^done
692,937 (gdb)
692,937 3source .gdbinit
692,953 &"source .gdbinit\n"
692,953 &".gdbinit: No such file or directory.\n"
692,953 3^error,msg=".gdbinit: No such file or directory."

Anybody know what this means and what I can do about it please?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

In your Project settings you have 'read .gdbinit at start' configured but you don't actually have .gdbinit file. It is totally ok you can ignore it.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bbdev12345

so that wouldnt be the cause of breakpoints arrow and breakpoint options not being shown/availble when a breakoint is hit - very last output in gdb log is..

088,781 (gdb)
089,984 *stopped,reason="breakpoint-hit",disp="del",bkptno="3",frame={addr="0x00138138",func="main",\
args=[{name="argc",value="3"},{name="argv",value="0xaf6a4"}],file="..\\src\\main.cpp",fullname="C:\\\
ndk-2.1.0-workspace\\MyProject\\Device-Debug/..\\src\\main.cpp",line="72"},thread-id="1",stopped-t\
hreads="all"
089,984 (gdb)

I just have no way to continue on once the breakpoint is hit - i have tried delete the debug configuration for my device and readding it. Still persists.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. But I know if breakpoint is hit then all this options (Step etc) are availbable.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bbdev12345

That's the problem all breakpoints options (and f8 does nothing) are shaded out when it's paused on first breakpoint (at start) or any breakpoint. Thats the output (earleir post) when it does this (pauses) but I can only get past it by reloading app and skipping all breakpoints - breakpointsjust stopped working for me a week or two ago.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot

Try sample app, do breakpoints work there?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bbdev12345

GoodCitizen sample does the same things - stops on breakpoint but way to continue - breakpoint options shaded out.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot

Then something is wrong with your install.

Download brand new Gold NDK which was released today and good luck with debugging!

Please use plain text.