Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
Ingore
My Device: Playbook

cameraRollPath Issues

I am using bb::cascades::multimedia::Camera and would like to save the photos in my application's sandbox, either the tmp or data folder. That is, I do not wish to save photos to a shared folder since I will be doing further processing on them and would like to only have my processed version saved.

When I try to do this with CameraSettings::cameraRollPath, the path I set is ignored and photos are saved to the standard camera roll path. I tried a few different ways of setting tmp or path. "tmp" works, but is saving to "/tmp" which is not what I wanted.

Is there a way to do what I want? If not, what are valid paths for use with cameraRollPath?

Jayeson Lee-Steere

Titanium Studios

Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE

Re: cameraRollPath Issues

I am still seeing this problem. I am trying to apply setting changed to cameraRollPath but it is being ignored.  Does anyone have this working?  Thx.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Developer
javayoung
My Device: Alpha 10, Bold 9900, Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Curve 9320, Curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Have you set up the permission of share file?

As well as, you can refer with this document to use the API to get the workdir or other directory.

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/filesystem/index.html

p(^_^)q
Good good study, day day up
Developer
StevenKader

Permissions are set and tried to manually set the path to another shared directory instead of Camera but isn't working. Video is still being saved in shared/camera no matter what I set cameraRollPath.  Problem is I need to set it to the SD card but can't.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Developer
StevenKader

Still haven't been able to change the cameraRollPath.

Has anyone succeeded in changing and if so can you show me the format of the directory that you changed it to.  Thanks.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Retired
PBernhardt
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

You should be able to access the SD card with "/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard". For example, this is an onCameraOpened method in QML that will set the camera roll path before starting the viewfinder:

onCameraOpened: {
                camera.getSettings(cameraSettings);
                cameraSettings.cameraRollPath = "/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard";

camera.applySettings(cameraSettings);
                camera.startViewfinder();
            }

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
Developer
StevenKader

Thanks..... I tried it and it didn't change ... still going to the device camera folder.  I am actually capturing video but I don't think that should make a difference.  Have you seen it work?

PBernhardt wrote:

You should be able to access the SD card with "/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard". For example, this is an onCameraOpened method in QML that will set the camera roll path before starting the viewfinder:

onCameraOpened: {
                camera.getSettings(cameraSettings);
                cameraSettings.cameraRollPath = "/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard";

camera.applySettings(cameraSettings);
                camera.startViewfinder();
            }

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Retired
PBernhardt

Yes. I had verified it with photos before, but I just checked with a video recording and it worked correctly for me.

Are you able to change the camera path to somewhere in your app's directory? Are you definitely applying the settings after you modify them? What do you get if you retrieve the settings again afterwards? Are you able to get it to work with Qt or the C API?

Paul Bernhardt
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Developer
StevenKader

PBernhardt wrote:

Yes. I had verified it with photos before, but I just checked with a video recording and it worked correctly for me.

Are you able to change the camera path to somewhere in your app's directory? Are you definitely applying the settings after you modify them? What do you get if you retrieve the settings again afterwards? Are you able to get it to work with Qt or the C API?

If you had it working I will try again and report back.  I have only tried it in QML...the other settings are changing fine.  

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Retired
PBernhardt

Have you had any luck with this?

Paul Bernhardt
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt