Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Pumano-
My Device: Z10

can't understand

After click "build" in bb10 Cascades SDK i see: Could not find qmake configuration directoryCould not find qmake configuration fileUsing OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR How i can solve and run my apps in simulator?
Please use plain text.
Developer
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: can't understand

Same here. Some additional infos:

System is Windows Vista 64.

I started the simulator and the IDE. Made a new Cascades Project with helloCascades example. In the Wizard i entered the IP of the Simulaor  and skiped signing. Then i clicked "Buid Project"and got the message:

**** Build of configuration Default for project test7 ****

make Device-Debug
C:/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qmake -spec unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-g++ -o arm/Makefile test7.pro CONFIG+=device
WARNING: Failure to find: ../src/*.h
C:/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/win32/x86/usr/bin/qmake -spec unsupported/blackberry-x86-g++ -o x86/Makefile test7.pro CONFIG+=simulator
make -C ./translations -f Makefile update release

... more lines ... and at the end:

Could not find qmake configuration directoryCould not find qmake configuration fileUsing OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR

Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-

Plus After start IDE i haverok error with qnx configuration. My os is win 7 x64. I'm install on two different computers with win7 x64 android Both Fontaine error
Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-

Playbook t9 :smileysad:(( Both computers with win7 x64 contain errors
Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-

build error.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
georg22

Finally it runs here. I have had this nullpointerexception too after i started momentics. The problem was that parts of the IDE were not able to find the correct user directory at C: because my username contained  the letter "ö". I installed the IDE under a new username and the problem was solved (but then i had others with the simulator). The "could not find qmake..." messages are still there but this seems not to be a problem. The example runs on the simulator.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

during the lab sessions at bb jam 10 i was under the impression that momentics is very sensitive to things like spaces and special characters (whatever it thinks that is).
try the simplest possible path, and use the hellocascades sample, if that does not work we can look again.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-

Thanks, i have user name in Russian alphabet (cyrilic) i thinking it's a small bug :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
georg22

Special characters in the username caused also problems when using the bb keytools and packager. Well, the character i used was a very common character in german names and never caused any problem in other IDEs, especially in Flash Builder, which is also Eclipse-based. Now i know it better, but hopefully RIM can fix this in future releases prevent frustrations for developer who want to start with this platform.

By the way Cascades looks pretty nice.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-

Problem not solved after changing name of windows profile (using english alphabet),

Maybe someone know how to fix this...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.