Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
vikaspushkar
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 8105719270

combine different module (.bar or the different project in momentics) to create one .bar file

[ Edited ]

HI,

I AM  little new to BB app dev environment and DEVELOPING ONE APP FOR BB10 , which include several module( thses modules are diffrent projects in IDE and .bar for each of them can be created easily), i want to combine all these modules in single .bar  and if possible i should have the controle over the triggering of one module by other module.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
IsaacGordezky
My Device: developer
My Carrier: none

Re: combine different module (.bar or the different project in momentics) to create one .bar file

Hi Vikas,

You can't combine .bar files directly, but you can configure your main project to include all the sub-projects you want.

Momentics supports project dependencies in project "Properties" -> "Project References". This will allow you do have build-time dependencies per-project.

However, you will need a central bar-descriptor.xml that can generate a combined .bar file. One approach to do this is to add each library and supporting files to the main bar-descriptor manually. If you want to do this in an automated way, you will need to do some custom makefile work to copy each project's dependencies into itself, so the final project can do the same and include assets with a wildcard, ie: <asset path="lib">lib</asset> if your dependencies are stored in lib. Libraries in lib will automatically be added to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and be made available to the main app.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
vikaspushkar

Re: combine different module (.bar or the different project in momentics) to create one .bar file

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply,

But when i am including an executable to the assets tag it shows some error in the package and as a type of this executable its shown as "Entry-Point". when i exclude this its all good.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
IsaacGordezky
My Device: developer
My Carrier: none

I am not sure if you can package additional binaries that way. Try setting entry="false" in the <asset> tag for secondary binaries.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
vikaspushkar

I tried but it a type so cannot be changed

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

You can include as many executables/binaries(or whatever you call it) in your .bar file but only one can and must be "Entry-Point" - this is where you app starts.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
vikaspushkar

Yeah i am trying i'll post out the solution once i succeed .

Please use plain text.