Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

crash on setting scene in application using cascade development

Hi,

I am getting crash in my application on simulator, but there is no log generated for it on console .

I don't even know where these crashes come from and it appears like they occur randomly. In addition, it's hard to find the reason why this occurs.

Does we have any tool for debuging the crash.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: crash on setting scene in application using cascade development

Yes the Momentics debugger.

Run in debug mode and first see if you get a stack call history when it crashes if not try setting breakpoints and stepping through.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. When i run the application in debug mode i get this message,

"Momentics IDE does not have matching symbols for this device. Do you want to download them from update site."

I tried to download the required thing but download fails.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer

[ Edited ]

Okay what this means, maybe fairly obviously, is that you are running an OS on your device that has no debugging symbols, my guess is you have installed a leaked OS.

I actually have a thread open on this somewhere but with no replies, so presently if you want to debug on your device you need to run it with one of the autoloaders supplied by BlackBerry as a development OS.

[Edit] Thread on debugging from other OS

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Leaked-OS-10-2-debugging/td-p/2550539

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer

The problem of debugging on other OS versions now solved...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Leaked-OS-10-2-debugging/m-p/2585679#M...

Developer

Thanks for the information , but i am using simulator and not device
Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

As per your link , i am not seeing those 2 options in may editor. I am attaching image for reference.

ID1.png

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Developer

It takes a while for images to be approved, are you running Momentics 10.2?

Have you downloaded the latest simulator?

Developer

Version: 10.2.0
Build id: v201306031341

Simulator : BB10_2_0X.339

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Update Momentics to 10.2.1.

This explains a lot on why I didn't find these options in my earlier searches, I thought I must have missed them but obviously they only came out in the latest update. Thanks for listening BlackBerry! :smileyhappy: