Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: DevAlphadevice
My Carrier: rim

creating hidden file or directory in bb10

Hi all,

Please help in how to create file with hidden option or how to make file or dir hidden after creating it in bb10  applications

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: N/A

Re: creating hidden file or directory in bb10

If you are writing the file to your applications private data directory it's only accessible by your app and is essentially hidden from other apps.   This is covered in more detail in the below documentation.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/filesystem/index.html

Thanks,
Pratik Sapra
Gaming & Apps Consultant
Developer Relations
@pratiksapra
Developer

creating system dialog with only ok button in qml

hi,

1>>how to create system dialog with only ok button in qml

2>>i am creating two dialogs with ok,cancel in app.cpp class,so how to handle different slots for both system dialogs separatly by giving different implemention in onDialogFinished slots function for cancel and ok buttons

am strugging to slove this issues so please any  one of you  know the solution plz reply me.

Developer

Re: creating hidden file or directory in bb10

hi,

thks for reply, i am writing my file to dir i created as sandbox/data/file/point/filename ,so i want thses dir or file to be make hidden .as i am checking in simulator file system these files are visible,  so plz give me solution