Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Simulator 10.2

Re: detect when invoked card has been closed

Hi, I'm invoking the settings app and I am checking if the access_shared was enabled for my application when the card is done. But now that I now if the changes were made, I want to open a SystemDialog declared in QML, but I don't know how to do so!

Could somebody please help me?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,
I am not sure I understood the question. Do you want to know if the changes were made by the user or do you need help with showing a systemdialog?

Shadid
Developer

Hi!

Well, the matter is that right after the app is fully launched, I make a simple test in order to know if the access_shared permission was granted by the user. If so, the app continues normally, but if it wasn't, I show a Dialog wich invites the user to choose either open device´s settings and change the permissions for the app or exit the app. And it works fine but, what if the user opens the device's settings but doesn't change the permissions and returns to the app?

Currently I'm showing the Settings app as a card inside my app, so when the user presses the back button, he returns directly into my app. But when that happens I want to know if the user actually changed or not the permissions for my app so I can show the Dialog again if neccesary.

Developer

I have to say that my SystemDialog is defined in QML and showed via JavaScript.