Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
bronekk
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

documentation for off-line reading?

So far I was only able to find QNX documentation http://www.qnx.com/download/group.html?programid=20945 in PDF form, but are ther any ebooks available in either mobi or epub format?

Also I found nothing for offline reading on actual NDK development.

Of course I could use briliant IDE Help to "print selected topic and subtopics" and then try to remove redundant bits from HTML, but perhaps someone already have done this job? I'd be happy to pay small amount of money for it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
papabob500
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: documentation for off-line reading?

bronekk wrote:

So far I was only able to find QNX documentation http://www.qnx.com/download/group.html?programid=20945 in PDF form, but are ther any ebooks available in either mobi or epub format?

You can always point wget or similar to the html documentation and make a local copy for offline browsing (some of these tools also convert the href links of the downloaded files to point to the local ones), for example http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.4.1/neutrino/sys_arch/about.html or http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.5.0/index.jsp

With that you can create an ebook and load it to your reader (IIRC an epub is only a zipped html with a metafile in xml explaining the forma)

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

In your NDK go to Help->Contents and you have loooots of off-line documentation including QNX and developing using NDK.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bronekk
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I meant not "off-line" as in "away from Internet".

I meant "off-line" as in "away from my desktop computer", and also without help application. For this some sort of ebook is needed. Granted I can spend many hours cleaning HTML from repetitions etc. and build one from supplied HTML into more readable form. I was hoping someone had already done that and is willing to either share or sale.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

I second that. Having all docs as PDFs or zipped HTML - would be very helpful!

Please use plain text.
Developer
blackqtcoder
My Device: PlayBook & STL100-1 LE Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telefonica Spain

I have developed with QtCreator, and it has html offline documentation integrated. Qnx Momentics would have had this feature too. It's very useful if you aren't online.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Leandro Cerdan - Duantox Apps
BlackBerry Elite dev
TapyHold, Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook
Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

Yeah, sure but it doesn't help much, because you cannot put that documentation on the Playbook and read it somewhere, where there is no internet access. That's why I wanted a Playbook with 3G but we don't have one.

Please use plain text.
Developer
blackqtcoder
My Device: PlayBook & STL100-1 LE Z10 & Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telefonica Spain

Ok, but you don't develop with PlayBook. The majority of developers work with a laptop or a pc, and in this case, html or pdf offline documentation is very important when you're at places without wifi connection. I think. 

Thanks guys:Clap:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Leandro Cerdan - Duantox Apps
BlackBerry Elite dev
TapyHold, Built for Blackberry multimedia scrapbook
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

I need the same for Cascades and PB NDK. Help in Momentics is a bit outdated. I'll try to download webpage with winhttrack
Please use plain text.