Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before Error for C++ header file

I created a new library and made everything a C++ file (.cpp) and that seem to have cleared up all the errors and not having to deal with compiler directives.  This is for a ANE library.  It compiles, but I still need to test it on the device.  So far, so good.

Please use plain text.
Retired
cdamus
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before Error for C++ header file

jtegen wrote:

I created a new library and made everything a C++ file (.cpp) and that seem to have cleared up all the errors and not having to deal with compiler directives.  This is for a ANE library.  It compiles, but I still need to test it on the device.  So far, so good.

Oh, OK.  If these were *.c files previously, then that would explain it.  The IDE will treat those as C language sources.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Woudl a .cpp file prevent an ANE from working? None of that now seems to work and there is not a easy way to debug/trace what is going on with an ANE.
Please use plain text.