Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
cmr1990
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

fetch SIM subscriber ID and Device Manufacturer

Does anybody know how to :

1) fetch the sim subscriber ID like we would do in android :

TelephonyManager tm = (TelephonyManager) MainApp.sAppContext.getSystemService( Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE );

String currSIMSubscriberId = tm.getSubscriberId( );

2) get device manufacturer

Like in android :

String manufacturer = Build.MANUFACTURER;

I did look through the api's but nothing!

suggestions??

Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

Re: fetch SIM subscriber ID and Device Manufacturer

[ Edited ]

By subscriber ID I assume you mean MSISDN? This is generally speaking the subscriber's phone number and you can obtain it from here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__system__phone__line.html#function-addr...

Try HardwareInfo to see if it has anything useful. The Manufacturer is of course "BlackBerry"... this is not like Android where you could find yourself running on any number of different manufacturer handsets.

I just tested and HardwareInfo.deviceName returns "RIM BlackBerry Device" for me. Maybe that is OK for your needs?

Hope this helps

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim