Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
BryceMcMurter
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

font problems

Hey everyone,

I have almost completed my app for blackberry 10 and I'm just going back to things that I have put on the to do list. Fonts are up next.

When I started programming my app back in the first beta I noticed that I couldn't change my font to anything but the default, sans serif font. At the time i thought nothing of it as i was still using a beta SDK.

with every new beta update I have gone back to see if fonts have been corrected but I get the same result. I though for sure that by the gold release I sould be able to get a different font working.

To make sure that im not messing something up because of my code I created a new hello world application to test out fonts.

to main.qml I changed the hello world label to:

Label {
     text: qsTr("Hello World")
     textStyle.base: SystemDefaults.TextStyles.BigText
     verticalAlignment: VerticalAlignment.Center
     horizontalAlignment: HorizontalAlignment.Center
     textStyle.fontFamily: "Helvetica"
}

with no change. Is there something here that I'm missing? 

thanks!

Developer
BryceMcMurter

Re: font problems

No takers on this one? I thought it was something easy that I may have missed like a missing directory or a momentics setting?

Bryce

Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B

Actrually, I don't think there are many fonts supported in Cascades right now, at least not that I've found so far.

Open  the target file system navigator window in Momentics and look in:

wifi:/usr/fonts/font_repository

As far as I know, that's all there is currently.

Developer
BryceMcMurter

ok so I went home last night and took a look at the currently installed fonts and tried a few with no luck. I have even gone to C++ to try and change the font. 

Im slowly begining to think that there is no way to change the font in cascades. 

Any help would be helpful.

Bryce

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

BryceMcMurter, I expect you're right for now. I believe we've even asked in several places (e.g. Twitter to @BlackBerryDev), with no responses so far.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!