Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
rperez
My Device: 9300
Accepted Solution

headless service and nfc tag

[ Edited ]

Is it possible assigned a specific app when a headless service reads nfc tag with specific information?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: headless service and nfc tag

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Headless applications can use the instant preview, which a user can click on to open the UI of an application.  Does that answer your question?  More details can be found here:  Headless applications

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
jomurray
My Device: Z30

Just to add to Mark's response I'd be interested to know what use-case you have in mind that you believe would require you to have access to an NFC tag from a headless application.

The nature of NFC as a close range radio link constrains use-cases to ones where the end-user has to take some physical action to "tap" the handset onto an NFC tag, an NFC reader or even another NFC device. NFC use cases generally require some element of interaction with an application via the UI -- for example, it would be unacceptable and illegal to allow a background application to approve a contactless credit card purchase without an auditable approval from the user. It's for this reason that NFC apis, and in fact the radio, are generally fully accessible only when an application is in the foreground. NFC is also tightly integrated with the Invocation Framework which allows the OS to launch the appropriate app into the foreground on the detection of a suitable NFC event so the need to use a headless app isn't necessary.

---------------------------------------
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Found a bug? Report it here
Follow me on Twitter @jcmrim
New Contributor
minak
My Device: Z3

It solved my problem too. Thanks jomurray
New Developer
rperez
My Device: 9300