Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: My company
Accepted Solution

how can i use qt without cascades and qml

I want to use Qt API's without cascades and qml in my native application. I tried to use the Qt header files but it is trying to link with static Qt Libraries which are not existed in the bb10 NDK(10.04). so can any body give me the suggestions on how to use Qt apis in native app development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: how can i use qt without cascades and qml

Why are you still using 10.0.4? I'm not sure merely moving to the next beta will solve your particular problem, but: https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/ is at 10.0.9 now.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

No need to deploy libs. BB10 DevAlpha has all Qt libraries which is wonderful. NDK 10.0.9 also has all include files and libraries.

Contributor

I have tried to update the os to 10.0.09 with apploader as it is in the bb10 site but, it is throwing an error in the middle of updating process. I have tried many times and it is in wein that is why giveup the updating process. if u have any suggestions on this please let me know. thanks for your reply

Contributor

thanks for the suggestion and i will let you know after trying this process. I think your post might solve my problem.
Contributor

Whe I am packaging with blackberry-nativepackager it is showing error  like Error: Attribute Entry-Point: file cannot be found in the list of packaged files.:Helloworld  can anyone suggest the solution for this problem. I think it is not finding the entry poing for the file "helloworld". here is the asset tag for that file and this file is in the project folder.

<asset path="Helloworld" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">Helloworld</asset>

Contributor

Thank you for your support. I have resolved the issue with your help

Naresh