Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
oddboy
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1
Accepted Solution

how do i remove a library once i add it through the Add Library Wizard

hey guys,

noob question... i'm getting a build error "cannot find -lbbcascadesmultimediaqmlplugin_1_0"  the cascades media qml plugin is a library i added in error using the add library wizard (right click on project, Configure...Add Library).

how can i remove this?

i removed references to it as an asset in the bar-desriptor.xml , but it still gives me an error when i try to build.

thanks,

J

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: how do i remove a library once i add it through the Add Library Wizard

If you've removed all references to it in your code then doing a clean build should sort it out.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jomurray
My Device: Z30

If you add an external library using this mechanism the only change to the project is additional assets are added to the bar-descriptor.xml file like these (C:/Documents and Settings/jomurray/Desktop/libMqtt.so) in the case of an external library.

<configuration name="Device-Debug">
       <platformArchitecture>armle-v7</platformArchitecture>
       <asset path="arm/o.le-v7-g/HelloTest" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">HelloTest</asset>
       <asset path="C:/Documents and Settings/jomurray/Desktop/libMqtt.so" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libMqtt.so</asset>
    </configuration>
    <configuration name="Device-Release">
       <entryPointType>Qnx/Cascades</entryPointType>
       <asset path="arm/o.le-v7/HelloTest.so" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">HelloTest.so</asset>
       <asset path="C:/Documents and Settings/jomurray/Desktop/libMqtt.so" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libMqtt.so</asset>
    </configuration>
    <configuration name="Device-Profile">
       <asset path="arm-p/o.le-v7-g/HelloTest" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">HelloTest</asset>
    </configuration>

So, removing these additional lines from the file ought to remove any reference to it. If the library is in another project in the workspace there may be a dependency established for that project .

Could you post the complete build log showing the error?

---------------------------------------
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Found a bug? Report it here
Follow me on Twitter @jcmrim
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

[ Edited ]

Are you sure you removed ALL references to the library in the bar-desriptor.xml file. There will be multiple copies of the library list, one for each build configuration. If you haven't added any build configurations of your own there will be four full library lists in the xml file, and so four references to the library that have to be removed.

UPDATE: Oops, I haven't done this in a while, so I didn't catch your (and my) mistake. It is not the bar-descriptor.xml file you have to removed the library from, it is the .cproject file in the app root directory. The entire Momentics configuration for your app is in this file so make sure you back it up before you mess with it, and remember that there are multiple listings for the library you want to remove, one for each build configuration. You'll need to delete all of them.

oddboy wrote:

hey guys,

noob question... i'm getting a build error "cannot find -lbbcascadesmultimediaqmlplugin_1_0"  the cascades media qml plugin is a library i added in error using the add library wizard (right click on project, Configure...Add Library).

how can i remove this?

i removed references to it as an asset in the bar-desriptor.xml , but it still gives me an error when i try to build.

thanks,

J

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Developer
oddboy
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1

removing it from the .cproject did the trick.  thank you!

i also had to Clean the project and rebuild, but all good.  sweet!

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

YVW. I had to do this myself a couple of months ago and I couldn't find anything online about it so I had to figure it out myself. I find it frustrating that Momentics makes it easy to add a library to your project, but seems to assume you'll never want to take it out again.

oddboy wrote:

removing it from the .cproject did the trick.  thank you!

i also had to Clean the project and rebuild, but all good.  sweet!

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.