Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
syfy
My Device: Z10

how to fully support C++11 features in BB10.2?

We are porting a native app from android to BB10.2. We choose C++11 as our programming language. It seems that BB10.2 uses gcc 4.6.x, and not fully support C++11 features. so we want to know how to porting our app to BB 10.2.

Can anyone help us?

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: how to fully support C++11 features in BB10.2?

[ Edited ]

You would need to use a different ARM tool chain or switch in gcc 4.7.x.

What problems you would experience with this is hard to say.

With QT5 using C++11 and BlackBerry having said they intend to move to this at some point the logical conclusion is that thay will update the gcc tool chain version at the same time.

When this will be happening and whether this fits in to your time scales, who knows.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

The other solution of course is to def out the C++11 code and rewrite for now, it obviously depends on how much needs to be changed on which route is more viable.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor
syfy
My Device: Z10

Does Blackberry have any plan to support llvm toolchain, just like Android and iOS.