Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: how to obtain blackberry 10 dev alpha device?

Hello .. the simulator to test your applications, you can download it at this address: https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/download/
As for what concerns the Dev Alpha, RIM has made an effort to help economic developers and for which I remain stunned by your post "shame."
I can only add that you should be ashamed of those "developers" who have been lucky enough to get a Dev Alpha and use it only as a toy and not develop.
Ah, I am not a RIM employee, but only one developer.

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10 LE

Zukka wrote:

Hello .. the simulator to test your applications, you can download it at this address: https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/download/
As for what concerns the Dev Alpha, RIM has made an effort to help economic developers and for which I remain stunned by your post "shame."
I can only add that you should be ashamed of those "developers" who have been lucky enough to get a Dev Alpha and use it only as a toy and not develop.
Ah, I am not a RIM employee, but only one developer.

Simulator doesn't work for me (and I think for many others) and moreover is very very very slow...Nokia gives me three phone: 2 symbian (norvegian, american ones) and one n950 for free and with free delivery...what I want to say is that give devices only in place is stupid, because many very good developers cannot go to these meeting for so many reasons....and who get those devices in place, maybe go there just to use them as phone as you told!!!!

Nokia Qt Ambassador
http://www.softairrealfight.net
Developer

have tried to contact the Evangelist blackberry in your area?

Developer
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

This device is useless as phone so if you are not a developer, forget it. If you really want it, go to Amsterdam or any other BB10 Jam World Tour city.

All devices sent to us by RIM were free of delivery too.

Where were you 5 months ago?

Otherwise simulators were never good replacement for a real devices.

The only ugly posibility is to 'upgrade' PlayBook to BB 10 Dev Alpha OS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

I have to agree that going to a Jam shouldn't be the only way to get a developer device, because I tried and it's amazing that all the dates they were somehow near me (which is still some 1000 km away :smileysad: ), I either had exams or now the last time I'm on vacation...

@AlterX: you can't use the devices as phones because there's no dialer! :smileywink:

@Zukka: do you know where to find the right Evangelist (contact info) to get in touch with?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

@soaman is it currently possible to "update" the PlayBook?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10 LE

Sorry dudes,

but after all these and after I've seen that Cascades Qt is not real Qt, I've removed all rim development tools and I think I will never develop on blackberry platforms.

I'm a pure Qt developer and I'm interested in all have to do with Qt, but in this case that's not Qt...I've also a Lumia 800 (another gift from Nokia) and even I'm also a good .net developer I've decided to renounce to develop on that as I've renounce to develop on android...Currently I just develop on iOS because of it was my first mobile development environment, but anyway I'm waiting for Digia to port Qt on those platform.

Nokia Qt Ambassador
http://www.softairrealfight.net
Developer

Switch to Native development part of this forum and try to find developers that are developing with pure Qt. A guy with nick mzex is one of them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer

On Crackberry forum there is a post about it. Link can be found on our Slovenia BB dev group portal (link in signature).

I will try to confirm if it is possible quite soon after I will update my defected PB (screen is heavily pixel damaged but PB works fine).
Developer

10 OS on #PlayBook? Read more on http://t.co/3IFY8q8M