Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

internal compiler error

Hello

When I try to compile my application in debug mode for the device, I get this message:

internal compiler error: in dwarf2out_finish, at dwarf2out.c:16724

If I compile in release mode it compiles fine. What can I do? I can not debug.

Thanks in advance.

Retired
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: internal compiler error

Which version of the NDK is this? On which host platform?

Were there any errors or warnings reported by the installer?

Can you provide more contextual information from the build console? Which toolchain does your project use? QCC? Is it a "BlackBerry Tablet OS C/C++" project?

Thanks,

Christian
Retired

Hi,

This looks like a bug in the NDK's gcc compiler. Please create a bug report in Jira providing the information I asked for in my previous reply, plus:

- attach the pre-processed source from the source file(s) on which this error occurred
- provide the compiler command-line invocation as reported in the build console

This will help the development team to isolate and fix the problem.

Thanks,

Christian
Retired

As a work-around for now, you can disable debug for the source file that triggers this problem.

If your project is a managed-build project, you can right-click the source file and select "Properties...". Then, in the "C/C++ Build -> Settings" page, select the "Device-Debug" configuration and uncheck the "Debug" option in the "QCC Compiler -> Output Control" options.

For a makefile project, it would be a bit more complicated.

HTH,

Christian
Contributor

Hi Christian, thanks for your support

I'm using the beta 3 version of the SDK 2 in Windows 7 Home Premium. The project is a Tablet C/C++ one. The console outputs the following message:

qcc -o src\Graphics\Shaders\DrawCharDistanceFieldProgram.o ..\..\..\Code\Graphics\Shaders\DrawCharDistanceFieldProgram.cpp -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le_cpp -w1 -IC:/Programs/bbndk-2.0.0-beta3/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -IC:/Programs/bbndk-2.0.0-beta3/target/qnx6/../target-override/usr/include -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\RapidXML -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\agg-2.4\include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -D_FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -DALLOW_LOG_OUTPUT -DCHECK_STATE -DRAPIDXML_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DUSE_SVG_TEXTURE_RES -c -O0 -g -fstack-protector-all
..\..\..\Code\Graphics\Shaders\DrawCharDistanceFieldProgram.cpp:122: internal compiler error: in dwarf2out_finish, at dwarf2out.c:16724
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://www.qnx.com> for instructions.
cc: C:/Programs/bbndk-2.0.0-beta3/host/win32/x86/usr/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.5.0eabi/4.4.2/cc1plus caught signal 4
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 14539  ms.  

I have reported a bug, it's  https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-504  but I don´t know how to get the pre-processed source file.

I've followed your advice and after disabling debug in 4 files, the project compiles.

But it seems that there is a problem with the debug settings. Every time I try to put a break point, I can see in the console some messages like:

warning: Host file C:/Programs/bbndk-2.0.0-beta3/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libbps.so.3 does not match target file libbps.so.3.
warning: Host file C:/Programs/bbndk-2.0.0-beta3/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libscreen.so.1 does not match target file libscreen.so.1.
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for libusc.so.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for libsrv_um.so.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for libpvr2d.so.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for libIMGegl.so.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for wsegl-screen.so.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for libImgGLESv2.so.

Thanks

Carlos

Retired

Hi, Carlos,

To tell the compiler only to emit the pre-processed code, add the -P option in the "QCC Options" list in the "QCC Compiler -> Extra Options" settings. Then, your *.o file will actually be the pre-processed source, not the compiled object.

Obviously, without debug information in certain objects, you will have trouble with debugging if you need to step through that code. The library mismatch problems are happening because the libraries deployed in the NDK 2.0 Beta 3 are different than the libraries included in the OS on your device. Is your PlayBook running the final OS 2.0 released version? That would explain those warnings.

HTH,

Christian
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I've just had the same error:

internal compiler error: in dwarf2out_finish, at dwarf2out.c:16724

SDK Version:

QNX® Momentics IDE for BlackBerry® Native SDK for Tablet OS

Version: 2.0.0

Build id: 201202171813

Info for the Mac I'm using:

Model Name:Mac mini

Model Identifier:Macmini3,1

Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:2.53 GHz

Number Of Processors:1

Total Number Of Cores:2

L2 Cache:3 MB

Memory:4 GB

Bus Speed:1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version:MM31.00AD.B00

SMC Version (system):1.35f1

Unfortunately, I'm not contractually able to share any of the source. As stated by Aarkham, I can build in Release but not in Debug. I know this isn't a lot to go on, but at least you know know this is still an issue in the latest version.

Cheers,

G

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Could you try compiling in NDK 2.1 to see if this issue has been resolved?

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/download/

The version you are using is from February, there have been quite a few versions releasd since then.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Hello

I've tried to compile my project with the 2.1 beta version and I still get the error message:

qcc -o src\FillGame\RandomMoveEntityDrawer.o ..\..\..\Code\FillGame\RandomMoveEntityDrawer.cpp -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le_cpp -w1 -IC:/Programs/bbndk-2.1.beta/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -IC:/Programs/bbndk-2.1.beta/target/qnx6/../target-override/usr/include -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\RapidXML -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\agg-2.4\include -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\Box2D_v2.2.1 -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\poly2tri -IC:\DevelopmentProjects\Code\ThirdParty\rapidjson\include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DUSE_JPG_DECODER -DUSE_TEXTURE_RES -D_FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -DALLOW_LOG_OUTPUT -DCHECK_STATE -DRAPIDXML_NO_EXCEPTIONS -DUSE_SVG_TEXTURE_RES -c -O0 -g -fstack-protector-all
..\..\..\Code\FillGame\RandomMoveEntityDrawer.cpp:133: internal compiler error: in dwarf2out_finish, at dwarf2out.c:16724
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://www.qnx.com> for instructions.
cc: C:/Programs/bbndk-2.1.beta/host/win32/x86/usr/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.5.0eabi/4.4.2/cc1plus caught signal 4
Build error occurred, build is stopped

As I have a windows based equivalent version I can debug in the PC, but sometimes I need to debug some Playbook specific issues and it's quite annoying.

Thanks

Carlos