Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE
My Carrier: AirTel

is any autocomplete field in cascade ?

hi,

is any autocomplete text field in cascade ?

Developer
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: is any autocomplete field in cascade ?

I don't think if this control object exists in current version of ndk , but yet this autocompleting the field functionality can be implemented easily with label, textfield etc.

1. We should have data source against which this functionality  will be checked.

2. And then implement its onTextChanged method to check current text against the data source.

Always Success
Retired
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Re: is any autocomplete field in cascade ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

you can have some text suggestions if you set inputMode as TextFieldInputMode.Chat

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__textfieldinputmode.html

There is also, some Text Improvements to come - The text controls are now equipped with a number of new useful features. For example, hyperlink support, smart text scanning to recognize phone numbers and email addresses, emoticons, basic rich text, and password masking. Also, APIs to allow your app to use the spell check engine inside your own customized UI. This info is on the Road Map Section.

Hope this helps.