Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10(Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: MY COMPANY

localiztion of listview in arabic language

Hello all,

I have a listview which parse a xml and show its contents. for my localiztion, i have a xml for each and every language. so problem is that when i am using arabic xml then the listview is showing is showing its text from left to right but it has to be right to left in listview and another problem is, when clicking the any item of item it open page and the label of textof opened page is also from left to right but i want to be in right to left .

any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks a lot,

Ankur

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: localiztion of listview in arabic language

If you are targetting a minimum of OS 10.2 then you can use the CustomListItem and add your own UI controls including labels that are right to left. If you want to target earlier you can do the same thing but instead of CustomListItem you would just use Container.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__cascades__customlistitem.html

The downside of the second option is that you would have to implement the animation of highlighting and selection (i.e. the blue bits) yourself.

As for sliding in from right to left (of pages) I'm unsure of whether you can override the implicit animation (last time I looked you could not), so again you would have to handle this yourself through animations...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/ui/animations/explicit_animations.html

In my opinion though writing a whole Container slide and stack CustomControl just to switch the direction would be a lot of work for not much benefit and if I were you I would enter a JIRA ticket to add this feature to a future OS where it could be implemented a lot easier.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Z10(Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: MY COMPANY

actually i targetting the OS 10.0.9.1673.

and actually i make my app to support servel languages like German,Russian,Spanish,Chinese,Italian and Arabic etc.

all language support from left to right but Arabic langugage is support right to left.

So when i parse my XML and display in listView, then all language are shows correctly but Arabic also display from Lefi to right.

So i just to know ,Is it possible to do when user set it langugage Arabic then all Strings should display from right to left.

which are in xml and also String from *_ar.ts file.

Developer

So I thought I answered that question.

In short YES see above answer for how.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer

For how to implement it at the basic level, read this...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/internationalization/

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hi ankursahu19, for a webcast that touches upon the topic of internationalization, please visit the following link at timestamp 40:45: https://cgs.adobeconnect.com/_a829239487/p3qdsn8q539/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

@SamarAbdelsayed

Did this answer your question? Please accept post as solution.
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Found a bug? Report it using the Issue Tracker