Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook (developer)
My Carrier: T-Mobile

multiple problems trying to sign and deploy for PlayBook

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope.

I have spent days trying to submit my app on the Vendor Portal.

I can build it. I can run it on my device using debugtoken.bar.

When I try to submit it to the Vendor Portal I get the dreaded "Some files are missing signatures" error.

I built my application.bar file (actually named QuoteUnquote.bar), then signed it with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-signer" -verbose -cskpass ******** -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass ******** "C:\work\word\quotes\platform_airplay\build_smartquotes-airplay_vc10\deployments\default\playbook\release\QuoteUnquote.bar" RDK

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-signer" -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass ******** "C:\work\word\quotes\platform_airplay\build_smartquotes-airplay_vc10\deployments\default\playbook\release\QuoteUnquote.bar" author

I confirm that there are the required five files inside the META-INF folder in the signed .bar file.

When I verify it without the -verbose option, it just says ".bar verified". When I verify it with the -verbose option, the verify tool appears to crash:

C:\work\word\quotes\platform_airplay\PlayBook>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0.6\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-signer" -verify -keystore sigtool.p12 -verbose "C:\work\word\quotes\platform_airplay\build_smartquotes-airplay_vc10\deployments\default\playbook\release\QuoteUnquote.bar"

2240 Sat Jun 30 00:31:16 PDT 2012 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
        1287 Sat Jun 30 00:31:16 PDT 2012 META-INF/AUTHOR.SF
         710 Sat Jun 30 00:31:16 PDT 2012 META-INF/AUTHOR.EC
        1287 Sat Jun 30 00:31:02 PDT 2012 META-INF/RDK.SF
         280 Sat Jun 30 00:31:02 PDT 2012 META-INF/RDK.EC
           0 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 PST 1980 META-INF/
           0 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 PST 1980 native/
barsigner error: java.lang.NullPointerException

So that's not very helpful. I don't know if the -verify tool is just flaky, or if some problem with the .bar file is making it crash, or what.

This is all very frustrating because I've successfully signed and submitted .bar files in the past. I don't know what I'm doing differently now.

As I say, I've been stuck on this for days. If you can give me pointers, that would be great. If I can send you my .bar file and you can tell me what's wrong with it, that would be better.

Any help greatly appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook (developer)
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: multiple problems trying to sign and deploy for PlayBook