Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: z10

need help capturing audio and analyzing audio file afterwards

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I've programmed and I came up with an idea for an app that I would like but I'm not sure where to start.

I basically want to use the devices microphone to capture an audio file and then analyze that file to see when the sound recorded was at its peak.

Could someone please point me in the right direction of where to start with something like this?  

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Re: need help capturing audio and analyzing audio file afterwards

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C

Don't know how much experience you have with the development of mobile applications, but it would probably make sense to browse through the "Get Started" pages on http://developer.blackberry.com first.

For example: http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/index.html

There you can also find some small code templates you could use to start your development.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor

I've been over these many times.  I still can't even get a wav file to play or record on the simulator.

Im now getting MediaPlayer::smileytongue:repare: error attching input source when trying to play a .wav 

When i tried to record i was getting a SourceUnavailable message.

I thought .wav and recording was suppose to work in the simulator?

New Contributor

thanks for pointing out that page. I've been through quite a few of the tutorials, I've had no luck however getting sound to play properly or record. I know the sound is working because I can drag the system sound slider and here it make the Ping sound.