Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Robdob
My Device: Developer

onThumbnailed(), not rendering landscape mode correctly..

Hi,

I'm pushing another window on top of my navigationPane within the onThumbnailed() signal.  Everything works fine in portrait mode, however if my app is within landscape mode when I minimise it thus triggering the onThumbnailed signal and then within my onThumbnailed() function push another window on top the app when minimized show a scenecover with a 75% window slide of the window I pushed and not the fully slide window which I was hoping for.  I'm not sure if this is a timing thing, but is there another signal which I perhaps can tap into which is called just before the onThumbnailed() signal is triggered.. or what is the best approach..  Scenecover is not immediate which I require..

Thanks,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
RSperanza
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: onThumbnailed(), not rendering landscape mode correctly..

Try starting a timer to trigger the scene cover with a slight delay, perhaps 50 ms.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi Thanks,  where would I start the timer? within the onThumbnailed()?is there not an signal that just occurs before?

thanks,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
RSperanza

I would start the timer in that slot with a small delay (50 ms).  That should trigger fast enough that a typical user won't actually notice the delay.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi,

Adding a timer does not help,  I think I need to tap into the signal that occurs just before the onThumbnailed.  Any ideas?

thanks,

Please use plain text.
RSperanza

Have you considered creating a dynamic cover as described here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/ui/active_frames/index.html

Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi, yes I tried that but there is a several second delay prior to the scene cover taking effect. I want an instant effect

Please use plain text.
RSperanza

Did you create the scene cover at startup and simply update it when the signal fired or did you try to create it in the handler?  If you do the latter, I am not surpirsed that it took some time to render.   What content is in the cover frame?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Hi,

I'm creating the scene cover at startup within the applicationui

When you thumbnail the app, it takes about 1-2 seconds before the scenecover is pushed ontop of the thumbnail, the way I understand this is that this delay is normal.   if I don't create a scene cover and just let the app create one for itself then the delay is still the same. 

thanks,

Please use plain text.
RSperanza

If you created a scene cover already and you assigned it to the app, you shouldn't need to do anything when your app goes to thumbnailed state except possibly to call a slot to update the content in your scene cover QML to ensure the content is up-to-date.  There should be no need to push a new screen over top of the current app screen.  If you don't push anything and the minimized app does not display the cover you created, then a step was missed somewhere.

Please use plain text.