Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

open context actions onClicked

I have a context action menu attached to an image button which pops open the menu after being held down.  I think the hold takes too long and would like it to open onClicked() however I'm not sure how to go about doing that, placing the context actions inside doesnt do the trick. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Re: open context actions onClicked

Hi,

This is the only way to do this that I know at the moment but this is only a partial solution:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Is-there-a-way-to-activate-a-control-s-c...

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

Thanks for the link, that's not quite what im looking for though.... unfortunately that's written in a way that is useless to me because I'm using QML.  It does look like for that they basically created their own menu to simply open the context menu instantly which is too much work for something that should be as simple as saying

onClicked(
contextMenu.open();
)

Retired
erahnenfuehrer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10

There is no way to achieve this as it goes against our UX paradigms.  The only exception for using long-press as the context menu trigger is given to "selected text" use cases where it is supposed to bring up a context menu for editing.