Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: BB10

problem in fetching video data from device z10

Hello everyone,

I am fetching the video data from phone by using mmlibrary.db database. But my problem is this if i delete or add some video in device it does not reflect in the database. Whereas when i reboot the device then database is reflected. How to resolve this problem plz. help me.

Any suggesstions & replies are most welcome !

Thank You

Neha Saxena

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: problem in fetching video data from device z10

Very likely that database is simply not updated immediately, for several reasons. How long have you waited to observe the changes you expect?

As an experiment, try adding or removing a video, then wait 10-15 minutes, or even an hour, without rebooting, and then see if the change has been reflected in the database.

Once you confirm or refute my theory, you can narrow it down to see how big the latency is.

Generally the system probably only flushes changes to that database periodically, and possibly it takes some time before it notices changes in the filesystem.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: BB10

Re: problem in fetching video data from device z10

Hi Peter,

Thanx for the reply. If database will refresh periodically or after a long time then my problem will not solve. Because i need to update immidiately in the application. In my application i need to fetch video duration & its thumbnail image. So can you plz. suggest me the appropriate way to find it correctly. 

Through database i've failed to find it as database doesn't update at the moment. What's the other way to find it, plz. reply.

Thank You

Neha Saxena