Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 8520

problem in running simulator

VMScreen.jpghello blackberrians,

I have installed NDK, and VMPlayer 4.0 and ndk simulator. I launced VMPlayer and opened the blackberry playbook simulator.vmx file and play the virtual machine, but its not starting the playbook simlator, its doing some processing, after that its hanging, and no response after that.

I am using Windows 7 Professional OS.

plz provide me solution for that.

Thanks & Regards

dinesh

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: problem in running simulator

Please try vmplayer 3.x instead. We have some issue reported with vmwareplaer 4.0. Also re-install the simulator to get a fresh vmx image (the one you using may be already corrupted)

New Contributor

Hey

You can use VMWare 4, you just need to set the compatibility mode in the configuration of the image to vmware 3.

Developer

hi elena_laskavaia, thanks for the reply.

i installed VMplayer 3.x and also re-instlal the simulator, but still i having the same issue.

Thanks & Regards,

dinesh

Developer

hi bslack, thanks for the reply,

How will i change the compatibility, plz suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

dinesh

New Contributor

Not sure, might be a VMWare Fusion only function. I would google it to see, but for me on a mac its under the VM Image Settings (where you set the CPU/Network/etc).

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please make sure you did't change any settings in pre-constructed image. Specifically 3D acceleration should be enabled.

Developer
My Device: Tour

I hadn't use the sim in quite a while (as using the real device is easy and fast enough), but now I have the same problem.

A fresh download of the sim 1.0.7 on Wednesday. VMware player "3.1.4 build-385536" on Ubuntu Linux 11.04. Starting up the image stalls on "Starting screen" as posted previously. No changes to settings anywhere.

Long wait, reset, shut down, etc., do not produce any change in the stall state.

Developer

[ Edited ]

hi elena_laskavaia,

I didn't change any setting, and 3D acceleration is enabled too. ken salmon also having same problem. Its seem, may be blackberry playbook simulator 1.0.7 having bug.

Thanks & Regards

dinesh

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have the same issue on Ubuntu 11.10, VMPlayer 3.1.5, Playbook simulator 1.0.7 :smileysurprised:(

RIM please help !

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps