Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
strobejb
My Device: bb10 developer

problem with simulator run configurations

I keep getting the same problems every time I upgrade the NDK (now on the GC)

I need to setup run & debug configurations so that I can deploy to the simulator. These are the steps I follow:

Create a new run configuration for the simulator:

1. Run -> Run Configurations 

2. Select the Simulator-Debug configuration from the BlackBerry C/C++ Application list

3. Click the 'Add New Target' button

4. Enter the IP of the simulator

Doing the above gives me a new target in Run Configurations window (called 192.168.0.X). But it isn't connected to yet, so I can't Run my app

So I exit the run-configuration window, find my new target in the Target Navigator view, right-click and choose Connect. That bit works OK, and I can open a SSH prompt to the simulator.

But, when I go back to the Run Configurations window to run my app, the target I created earlier has vanished, and I can't select it to run my app.

This is *really* beginning to impact my development schedule. It seems that momentics IDE is very flakey and buggy. Has anyone found a workaround for this problem?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: problem with simulator run configurations

Works fine for me running Win 7-64 and native C++ code.

Right click on the project, select build configuration, set it to simulator-debug. (only need to do this once, just do the next step after each code modification)

Right click on the project , select run-as, select first option (can't remember what it is and I'm not at my PC).

Project builds and deploys to the simulator. (as long as you connected).

To connect to the simm, right click on the target (at the top of the left pane), select Blackberry options (I think), select 'connect'.

I have found that if I try  to do a 'run as' without being connected to the simm, it will pop up the Run configuration window then multiple run configurations end up getting created and later you always have to choose which one you want. I go under Run Configurations and delete all the configurations, go back and make sure I'm connected to the simm, then select Run as, and it deploys to the simulator.

Please use plain text.