Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
step_jac
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

"Errors exist in the active configuration..." dialog comes up on every launch.

Hi BB NDK Devs,

Pretty sure this is a CDT problem rather than a QNX Momentics problem but haven't found anything online. The following window comes up every time I launch an app. There are no errors in the workspace at all. Is there any way to get rid of it without enabling "Always launch without asking"?

err.JPG

Thank you!

Stephane

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
selom
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha

Re: "Errors exist in the active configuration..." dialog comes up on every launch.

Hello Stephane,

I see there about 254 warning messages and 15 info items that require your attention from the build.

Perhaps they hold a clue as to why the dialog is being displayed?

Cheers

Selom

Please use plain text.
Developer
step_jac

Re: "Errors exist in the active configuration..." dialog comes up on every launch.

Thanks Selom,

We got rid of the info items and warning items. All of the info items were the BAR descriptor mentioning that non active configurations' executables were not built. Now have 0 items in the Problems view and am still seeing the dialog.

Stephane

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

Do you have any errors in Console. Usually if the build fails you get similar message.

Please use plain text.
Developer
step_jac

Hi BGMot,

No errors in the console either. Build succeeds and if I select "Proceed", then the updated binary is properly launched. Everything works fine except for this nagging little window.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
selom
My Device: Blackberry 10 Alpha

Hrm I am at a loss here. If you open your bar file do you get any warnings? Does this happen on every project or this particular one? Can you remember any changes you made that might cause this?

Selom

Please use plain text.
Developer
step_jac

Hi Selom,

No recent changes in particular come to mind. To add to the confusion, on a fresh boot of Momentics, it doesn't happen in any projects but one of them. But once it has occured once with that given project, it then occurs for all other projects in the workspace.

I ended up recreating my workspace from scratch and the problem just went away. Perhaps something getting stuck in the CDT error history that never got wiped? I've kept a copy of the old workspace so if this were to be a more widespread issue, I'd be happy to share it with whomever.

Thanks!

Stephane

Please use plain text.