Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
ddeacon
My Device: Not Specified

"No SDK can be found." error on Linux installation

I have installed the BBNDK 10.0.9 on Ubuntu Linux and whenever I launch it using /opt/bbndk-10.0.9/bbndk.sh I get an error of "No SDK can be found. ..." and then an error message that the QNX feature has been disabled. These are the errors that appear in the terminal window I launch it from:

(Momentics:17064): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: watch_submenu: assertion `GTK_IS_MENU_SHELL(menu)' failed

(Momentics:17064): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: watch_submenu: assertion `GTK_IS_MENU_SHELL(menu)' failed

I installed the SDK using sudo so I attempted to launch the IDE using sudo /opt/bbndk-10.0.9/bbndk.sh and it launches correctly except for the fact it runs as root instead of my user ID. Anyone know what I need to do to get it to launch correctly from my user ID?

Thanks,

D

Developer
DNSalehi

Re: "No SDK can be found." error on Linux installation

Try giving read and write access to your user account for the file, might be affecting its ability to run somehow.

New Contributor
ddeacon

Any particular file you are referring to? I can already execute the bbndk.sh file and the IDE opens it just gives me the SDK error after launching.

Thanks,

D

New Contributor
ddeacon

Well I have a working install of BBNDK 2.1.0 and a non-working version of 10.0.9 in /opt. I compared the ownership and permissions of the two and I see the 2.1.0 was all owned by root:root with a variety of permissions on the folders and files beneath it. The 10.0.9 version was mostly owned by root:root but some folders had an ownership of 1001:1001 and again a variety of permissions. I tried changing ownership to all 10.0.9 files/folders to root:root and set rwxrwxrwx to all files but it didn't make a difference at all. For now I just ended up installing the BBNDK 10.0.9 in /home for my user ID and it is working there OK just not in the /opt like I wanted it to be.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know but I'm done messing around for now.

D

New Contributor
sbarthelmess
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Well, gentlemen, I decided to put the time into this one as I got stuck with the same problem.  Trial and error and an hour later I had the solution. (BTW this works for the 10.1.x series as well)

What happened:

When you installed as root / sudoed, there was a bbndk directory created in /root/.rim, this directory contains the metadata you need in your home .rim to get paths inside QDE correct.

The solution:

Simply copy that directory over to your ~/.rim and change the permissions to be owned by your user (chown myuser:myuser -Rf ~/.rim).  Then you can put the bbndk directory anywhere you like and update the bbndk.sh one-liner to have your new full path.  I like mine in /opt too...

:Cool2: