Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Simulator

"Playing Audio" missing dependencies

[ Edited ]

While most of the blackberry 10 tools are stellar (debugger & simulator), I found the documentation lacking and this is a suggested towards the documentation team.

So after gooling about how to play audio in BB10 I found this page :

After copy-pasting most of the code into my app I noticed that the code doesn't even compile.

It needs and extra requirement

#include <sys/stat.h>

Then I found the code doesn't link. After about half an hour spent on getting samples about it I found the required libraries :

So now I can finally build my code (phew!). But really, the docs page should have a commentary section just like on MSDN where users can contribute fixes just in case you guys forget something, and in this example you forgot a lot...

EDIT: On a side note, it turns out that not even the PlayAudio sample works in the simulator. It throws an error 5 : MMR_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE (for an mp3)

EDIT2: The sample project used an mp3 which apparently doesn't work, but it works with .wav so that's pretty good. I'm now wondering if mp3s fail on device as well or if they actually work... Oh yeah and the link above crashes my app. I had to comment "mmr_output_parameters" to make it work.

www.facebook.com/relativegames - My Apps