Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Koo
New Contributor
Koo
My Device: Developer - using Simulator

"The AudioRecorder component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated."

[ Edited ]
import bb.multimedia 1.0

Page {
    Container {
AudioRecorder {}
}
}

This results in the displaying of the message, "The AudioRecorder component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated."

Does anyone know why I would get that info message, and what I can do about it? I can't seem to get the AudioRecorder to work at all (using the simulator), despite having set the record_audio and access_shared permissions in bar-descriptor.xml, which is why I was wondering about the significance of the info message.

Koo
New Contributor
Koo

Re: "The AudioRecorder component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated."

Does anyone at least know if the fact that the message I quoted in the topic title is displayed is a bug, or if it's something I should be concerned about?

Koo
New Contributor
Koo

Re: "The AudioRecorder component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated."

Anybody?

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

did you try to use it as attached object?

attachedObjects: [
    AudioRecorder {
        id: recorder
        outputUrl: "/tmp/recording.m4a"
    }
]