Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
vikgupta07
My Device: blackberry dev alpha

"result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 0, 1, 358)"

I am a fresher developer for blackberry.
Whenever i si=ubmit my app for testing, the following error arises.
Plz help.

Dear App World Vendor, 

Unfortunately Release '1.2' from your product 'Mtcapp' has not passed testing and therefore cannot be approved for sale through BlackBerry App World.

Please see the error message below we received when trying to install your application on a PlayBook running OS 2.0 

"result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 0, 1, 358)" 

If you need help resolving this issue, please first check the BlackBerry Developer Zone site:http://developer.blackberry.com 
If you are unable to find an answer there, please search then post to the relevant Development Forum board 

Regards,

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
amarcon
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: "result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 0, 1, 358)"

Hi vikgupta07, welcome to the forums.

So, it looks like you have a Native app (bbndk version 2), trying to upload it as a Cascades app (version 10).

New Developer
chinasongz
My Device: playbook

Re: "result::failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 4, 0) have (2, 0, 1, 358)"

Would you please explain to me or provide a link to the exact instruction for how to fix this error? please keep in mind it took me 36 non stop hours to learn how to make my debug token, which I finally did successfully, so if you want to walk me thru it step by step like I'm 2 yrs old, I would be eternally grateful. 

Reguards, Antoinette Manker