Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
oddboy
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

removing unneeded libraries?

Hi guys,

When i compile my Cascades-based project in Momentics, i see a number of libraries that I don't use fly by.

for example:

qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -o o.le-v7-g/FindMyThread o.le-v7-g/.obj/MySimpleThread.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/MyWorkManager.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/applicationui.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/main.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/moc_MySimpleThread.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/moc_MyWorkManager.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/moc_applicationui.o    -LC:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -LC:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -LC:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -LC:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_4828/qnx6//usr/lib/qt4/lib -lbbcascades -lQtDeclarative -lQtScript -lQtSvg -lQtSql -lsqlite3 -lz -lQtXmlPatterns -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lsocket -lQtCore -lm -lbps 

I don't think I need QtSvg, QtSql, sqlite3, QtXmlPatterns, QtNetwork, socket or bps.

I can't figure out where to remove them though.  I think it used to be in the .cproject file, but that appears to have changed in the recent Momentics update.

I tried removing them from the Makefile.Debug, but that appears to be automatically generated, so that did no good.

is there a way to remove those unnecessary libraries?

thanks,

J

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: removing unneeded libraries?

Just checked, and the libraries are still declared in the same place in the .cproject file in the latest Momentics version. I have posted on this topic before, but here is a high level overview.

Look for this text in the .cproject file:

superClass="com.qnx.qcc.option.linker.libraries" valueType="libs"

The libraries are declared on the lines after that one. Note that each build profile (usually four, Simulator-Debug/Device-Debug/Device-Profile/Device-Release, unless you have defined more of your own) has a copy of the library list, and you need to delete the ones you don't need from each one for this to work.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
sagenth
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: removing unneeded libraries?

Sorry to necro a solved issue but hopefully this will help the next one of us.

For Momentics you need to go into the project properties
Right click the project inside of Momentics and selection properties and then from there it is at this location.

C/C++ Build > Settings
From this screen you want
QCC Linker > Libraries

You can manually add libraries from this location as well.
Please use plain text.