Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
denoted
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

shared/photos content

Hi,

I am not much of a playbook user, but I find myself porting a game for it and integrating scoreloop.  I would like the user to be able to choose a scoreloop profile picture from within the game.

I see that I with the user_shared permission I can access photos in 'shared/photos', but I do not know how a typical user ends up with photos in that folder.  Is there someone else I can find potential profile pictures for them, or is that the only place?

Thanks,

Dave

Please use plain text.
Retired
s_rashid
My Device: Bold

Re: shared/photos content

Hello Dave,

Usually, whenever users take photos using the Camera applications or download pictures from somewhere, they end up in the "shared/photos" directory. The "shared" directory is pretty much the only directory hierarchy that the applications can share (for ensuring application sandbox). Hence, other applications can save pictures in those directories and that is how those directories get filled with pictures, music and videos etc (I believe that is the only place where they can save the media files).

Does that answer your question? Or did I misunderstand something?

Cheers,
Rashid.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
denoted
My Device: Playbook

Re: shared/photos content

Hi Rashid,

Thanks for your reply.

I realized after my post that the photos I had taken with the camera were put in the shared/camera directory.  I can let the user pick from there and shared/photos.

Cheers,

Dave

Please use plain text.