Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Reply
Developer
mreed
Posts: 1,041
Registered: ‎07-16-2008
My Device: ಠ_ಠ
Accepted Solution

std/stl errors using newer NDK

[ Edited ]

 

I'm having some build issues since switching to the new 10.2 Momentics.app on OSX. The same source used to build fine ont he older QDE. App source: http://git.io/8L_cxw

 

The errors appear to be std/stl related and used in QT files.

 

Full build log: http://pastebin.com/kNGtawgG

 

In file included from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/cpp/xmemory:9:0,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/cpp/memory:7,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/cpp/algorithm:6,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qglobal.h:68,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qatomic.h:45,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvariant.h:45,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/QVariant:1,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/bb/cascades/controls/container.h:6,
                 from /Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/bb/cascades/Container:1,
                 from ../src/BrightnessBarView.h:19,
                 from ../src/BrightnessBarView.cpp:16:
/Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/cpp/xutility:1281:10: error: 'basic_streambuf' does not name a type
/Applications/Momentics.app/target_10_2_0_339/qnx6/usr/include/cpp/xutility:1282:10: error: 'basic_istream' does not name a type
...

 

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Developer
donturner
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎11-14-2010
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (White)

Re: std/stl errors using newer NDK

Could it be that you didn't update your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH? If so, check out the upgrade guide here:

 

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/dev/upgrading/index.html

Please use plain text.
Developer
mreed
Posts: 1,041
Registered: ‎07-16-2008
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: std/stl errors using newer NDK

I don't have DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set anywhere. What is $STAGE_DIR coming from? With 10.0.? QDE I used to call the environment.sh or whatever it was called (included with the ndk package), but this new version is a .APP, so I just took that out of my .bash_profile. If there is manual setup required with this new 10.2 Momentics its not obvious.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
Posts: 14,690
Registered: ‎07-09-2008
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: std/stl errors using newer NDK

We weren't able to reproduce this.  Can you confirm that you have 10.2 set as your API level?  To verify open the BlackBerry Native SDK, click on Window -> Preferences and search for API.

 

If it is it's likely environmental, e.g. pulling in a header from another target somehow.  It's hard determine the cause based on the error message.  Can you compile that single source file with the -E (writes to stdout) or -P (writes to a <file>.ii) option to generate the preprocessed output?  It will include all the line info and path info for the headers and source file.  That may help us untangle what's happening.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
mreed
Posts: 1,041
Registered: ‎07-16-2008
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: std/stl errors using newer NDK

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the response. Since I can build a newly created project I figure it was just project related and not environment based. Going on that assumption I just replaced the .project and .cproject with what was generated by the newer project. After updating to those I am now able to build using any of the API levels (all API levels were failing on this project, not just 10.2). If you guys want to debug it, the changes are in Github now (heres the commit: https://github.com/hardisonbrewing/ColorWheel/commit/1a80986141f3e85e9a527f4d44d18496042aafe6).

Please use plain text.