Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
paul24
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

unable to create tab menu

Hi,

I am trying to create a  "Tab Menu "  as shown in

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/dev/ios_porting/mapping.html

I want to hide both tabs and actionbar and trying to implement showing the tab menu on sliding right!

I am able to hide the tab menu! But unable to hide the actionbar! Please help me on this ! Also i want to know whether is it possible to load the tab menu by code ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
bmorr
My Carrier: Telus

Re: unable to create tab menu

[ Edited ]

nvmd my solution doesn't hid the action bar, sorry :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
bmorr

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paul24
My Carrier: vodafone

Action bar inside a page can be easily hide! But for tabbed pane i don't know why its complicated! I have tried the above link too!
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle

I belive this is the issue you're describing

You've created a tabbed pane and have the tabs stored in the overflow but want to hide the whole action bar("tabbedPane").

I'm not posotive, but I do not belive this is possible, because the action bar is now the tabbed pane which is the default component and allows for switching between tabs.   I haven't noticed any apps that hide the tabbed pane, and I don't belive it would comply with B4BB UI guidelines either.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
erahnenfuehrer
My Carrier: Bell

Correct.  It's not possible using the default tab controls.  You'd have to create custom controls to get that behaviour.

However I don't think hidden tabs are very intuitive for the user, and that app would not be able to get Built For BlackBerry certification.

Please use plain text.