Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer
My Carrier: other

Re: undefined reference to camera_api.h for BB10

The BB10 SDK most certainly does ship with the library.  it's in usr/lib, or more specifically armle-v7/usr/lib.

Please use plain text.
Developer
HorizonXP
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Sean,

Now I'm looking at this API, and I'm watching your session right now.

Could I include libcamapi with my app to deploy on the PlayBook today? Is it coming in OS 2.1?

Reason I ask is because I have a use case for face recognition. I want to use the other camera features too, but for now, that's what I want it for. I realize there are other libraries that I could use, but I want to use something that will be supported going forward, so I don't have to rewrite my codebase.

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer
My Carrier: other

It's not deployable on PlayBook today.

It will be available on an upcoming PlayBook release.

The face-detection I demo'd at Jam was using a feature built into our ISP (image Signal Processor), and unfortunately that has not been backported to PlayBook yet.. It is BB10-only for the moment.  This will not preclude you from using your own image processing algorithms to find faces though.  In the future, you should be able to drop that and rely on the OS-provided face detection for "free".

Cheers,

Sean

Please use plain text.
Developer
HorizonXP
My Device: BlackBerry 9900 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply Sean.

Sounds like I should keep two codebases for now then. No big deal, thanks for the insight.

Founder of Pulsecode Inc. and taab
Authomator - Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10 - http://www.xitijpatel.com/ - Follow @xitijpatel
Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Please use plain text.