Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
Accepted Solution

users of tablet simulator, what version af Java VM is it running?

I'm having trouble installing my simulator.  

During my instalation of some other software I had to download and install a jdk and change the enviroment varables.

they are set as:

user:

JAVA_HOME         C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\bin

PATH                      C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\bin

system:

path                         C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\bin

JAVA_HOME          C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\bin

I've tried to track down instances of similar instalation problems.  The error message that I get is: Windows error 2 ocurred while loading the java VM.  I googled the error message.  And have found other people have had this problem while installing software, using Install Anywhere.   Some of the possible solutions to this problem are to make shure the directory that is being installed into is empty.  I can't find what that directory might be.  That could be the problem since i've tried to install a few times.  Is there anyway to find out what that directory is?  

And also, another posible solution is to run the instation from the comand using the LX_VM, to use a particular instalation of the java VM.

->

Symptoms: The user uses Windows. An error displays at the installation of voice software, for example, audium.exe or another installer, which indicates a Java problem. One such error message is this:

Windows error 3 occurred while loading the Java VM
Resolution: A voice installer can be forced to use a particular Java installation rather than the default. With this, you can be sure that it uses a supported Java version. Follow this procedure:

Open a console, for example, Start -> Run... -> cmd.

Navigate to the location of the installer file.

Run the installer with the LAX_VM option followed by the full path to the desired java.exe, for example,

audium.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_08\bin\java.exe"

=======================================================================================================================
All Windows Installers

If you are using the Windows installation package, you might encounter the following error message when you run the installer:

Windows error 2 occurred while loading the Java VM.

The work-around is to run the installer from the command line using different syntax. In the following example, e:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin\java.exe is the path to the JDK installed on the host:

GCI.exe LAX_VM "e:\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin\java.exe"

==========================================================

Is this the problem? Is my java VM version wrong?

Contributor
My Device: curve 8530

Re: users of tablet simulator, what version af Java VM is it running?

That was the problem indeed.  I learned a lot.  But it was not easy. How come nobody gave me a hand? I went into the command window.  Tried to run the installer in the c:\ root and got a "not recognized command" message.  This baffled me for a moment. But i remembered that the installer was in desktop.  I tried again.  And it ran.  But I got the same vm machine not loading error.  i just barly noticed that I forgot to put \bin\ in to point to the jdk. 

And then when I ran it, It went right through.  Well, you got to figure there is not something wrong internally with the VM's.  Except, if you have the wrong version.  So, its got to be the way the the whole package is being installed.  

So if you can get into altering the install process you stand a good chance at fixing the problem.  Now its just a matter of folling the usual instructions of loading VMware player.