Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Developer

why are both the tldr and rssnews examples not able to read this Yahoo rss feed?

Hi,

why are both the tldr and rssnews examples unable to read this yahoo news feed without an error.

(Could not locate query path in XML data )

the query: look fine

What modifications have to be made to it in order to get it to work or is this a bug in DataSource or something in the code as these two examples seem to be able to read other feeds..

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada/rss/?format=rss

Thanks,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: why are both the tldr and rssnews examples not able to read this Yahoo rss feed?

The samples are more about how to use XML and ListViews rather than RSS feeds specifically. It's possible that they aren't completely robust when parsing RSS. Or that they don't support that version of the RSS specification (I see that it's RSS Version 2.0, do feeds you have gotten working use other versions?).

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
Developer

Re: why are both the tldr and rssnews examples not able to read this Yahoo rss feed?

Hi,

yes they are also version 2.0 , however then use different namespaces..

i..e.

http://finance.yahoo.com/rss/topstories

this one works..

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Retired

Could be a bug then... Does it work if you just remove the namespace?

Paul Bernhardt
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Developer

Hi,

I would assume so,  as that appears to be the only difference between the ones that work and the ones that don't

Retired

Please give it a try. If that's the case, can you log an issue on the Developer Issue Tracker? DIT

Paul Bernhardt
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt