If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
iravelo
My Device: 9700+PB
My Carrier: sfr

windows : [ QT Creator + BB NDK ] --ota--> playbook QT app

Hi all,

I previoulsy posted in various threads but in fact none of them seems to be adequate to get ad hoc aswers.

So decided to stop "trolling" these thread and open this one to expose exactly what I want to do and try to succeed :

Prerequisite == Use only my windows laptop where I've already installed : { BBNDK + QT SDK} and my playbook  (OS2)

Here is is how I'd like to craft my apps for the playbook :

- Use QT Creator suite for C++ coding and QML screen designs, compiling and linking.

- limit or even avoid the usage of the PB simulator (I'm sorry but I think it multiplies different problems from differents sources)

- limit BBNDK usage as much as possible only to signing, packaging and doing things impossible with alternative and existing tools

- deploy to the device over the air

- be able to eventually debug remotely

That means I need some precompiled (arm) binary libraries...

(Download from http://microcode.ca/downloads/qt4.8-stage-playbook.tgz (39MB), courtesy of )

Now I would like to be able to configure Qt Creator on windows to be able to prepare or better generate all the required playbook files.

Help from anyone who knows ?

tks

---------<={##}=>---------
I.Ravelo; Renault S.A.S. Corporate BBOS Java Apps Lead Conceptor/Coder; Qt learner
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: windows : [ QT Creator + BB NDK ] --ota--> playbook QT app

That interests me too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cedrik
My Device: None - Playbook only.
My Carrier: None

I don't know if you want to wait but a plugin will be out with Qt Creator 2.5 ( tell me if i'm wrong.. ) for QNX and the playbook.

Source: http://openbbnews.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/qt-comes-to-qnx/

"You can also download the preview of QtCreator with the QNX plugin from the samedownloads page. We expect that the QNX plugin will be officially available in the next version of QtCreator, version 2.5."

Please use plain text.
Developer
iravelo

[ Edited ]

Qt creator 2.5 schedule seems like this...

http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Creator/Releases

I have never read that playbook what kind of playbook integration will be built into qt creator 2.5 

I would like to be able in the next days to add playbook ctoss dev ability to my current windows  qt sdx 

I.Ravelo; Renault S.A.S. Corporate BBOS Java Apps Lead Conceptor/Coder; Qt learner
Please use plain text.
Developer
iravelo

[ Edited ]

Cedrik:
the preview things here https://github.com/blackberry/Qt/downloads do not seem to be usable on windows.
Too bad to have to wait til release of QTcreator2.5 before.
At the moment, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
:-(((

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cedrik
My Device: None - Playbook only.
My Carrier: None

iravelo: Do you have experience with linux? Maybe you could set up a linux virtual machine for the time being.

Please use plain text.
Developer
iravelo

Cedrik,

my experience with linux (at home) is pure frustration for now.

I had tried many distros for fun, but they invariably ended in the trash because of bad support for the most recent hardwares and fixing them was a full time job for a linux hobbyist/expert I do not want to be.

I clearly see that all Qt tutos I've seen here and relevant for my precise need are linux based.

I also am aware that there are so many linuxes and I am sure I will not able to replicate simply one result into another distro.

I just would like to be guided by a guru who masters Qt configuration/usage on windows and cross compilation and deployment to a playboook.

The relevant linux tutos need to be "reversed engineered" for windows and I think this is just a bad idea.

ANother approach needs to be found...

Thanks for the suggestion,

but this would not not be a good enough solution for my initial need.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

does somebody tried to compile qnx qt creator from here http://qt.gitorious.org/+kdab-developers/qt-creator/qnx-qt-creator ?
wasted whole day, but no success under win
Please use plain text.
Developer
iravelo

[ Edited ]

I've tried to cross compile qt for playbook on windows for a few weeks now (without success).

ersion 

But why would you want to compile qt-creator on windows ?

There is a ready made compiled version of that already, and i do not see the point in building it yourself.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Yes, there is already compiled qt creator for win, but I can't configure it properly to build Qt app for playbook.
Please use plain text.