Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

8700c Shortcuts and Device lock

I recently was given an old 8700c and am still figuring out how to use everything.  I've run into a couple of problems though.  When I first got it, some of the keys were shortcuts for various things.  I could press one key to lock the keyboard or another to access SMS messages and it was more convenient than scrolling to what I wanted.  Yesterday I downloaded the desktop manager and plugged my device in.  It asked me to update it, so I did.  Now, any letter I press takes me to my address book.  How can I disable this and set up shortcuts like what I had before?  Also, originally there was a key I could press to just lock the keyboard.  Now, I have to scroll to the "Keyboard Lock" icon and select it.  What irritates me the most about this is that it locks both the device and the keyboard.  I'm worried that it's going to accidentally make an emergency call in my pocket.  How can I make "Keyboard Lock" lock only the keyboard?

Please help