Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

klam
My Device: Not Specified

8800 Chinese language reading capabilities

I have a 8800 Blackberry and Ive downloaded the software that Blackberry provides, but apparently I don't have the software to read it or the know how to install it onto my 8800. I am no longer a part of a US cellular carrier so I can not rely on them for support. Anyone know how else I can load up software to enbale my BB to read chinese? Thanks in advance!
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: 8800 Chinese language reading capabilities

You can download the device software for your BlackBerry here. Afterwards just follow these steps to update the software on your device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621. In step 7 see if you see the Chinese language. If so just check it to install it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
klam

Thanks for the link, however, my computer is unable to read any of the software Ive just downloaded. I am on a mac, does that make a difference? What is the appropriate application required to read any of the desktop software and device software?

Thanks again for your reponse, I really appreciate it. 

Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]

OK. If you're on a mac you'll need the Pocketmac 4.1 software from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Just checked and according to this KB article you need to load the software on a pc.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-24-2008 11:27 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
klam

I have pocketmac and it does not recognize the software ive downloaded. =(
Elite I
jmrmb80

Right. You'll need to do it all from a PC. Download the desktop manager and the device software and install it from a PC. That last link I sent you said it couldn't be done on a mac