Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Developer
lenster
My Device: Not Specified

8800 No Bluetooth after OS upgrade to 4.5

I have recently upgraded my 8800 to OS version 4.5

After the upgrade it is no longer possible to enable bluetooth.

I have read a number of posts complaining of the same issue which say that the only solution is to downgrade the operating system back to 4.2 (which incidentally is no longer available from my carrier O2)

I don't really want to downgrade and lose the new features of 4.5 - Is there no software resolution available or in the pipeline to address the problem ?

Surely if downgrading to the previous OS fixes the issue a software fix is possible ?

Very disappointed about this one.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: 8800 No Bluetooth after OS upgrade to 4.5

Backup your sensitive data.

Use JL_Cmder utility to wipe your device memory.

After wipe - reinstall your 4.5 OS.

New Developer
lenster

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately the problem is still there after the wipe and reinstall.

This seems consistent with a number of other posts in which people ended up downgrading to 4.2 to get bluetooth functionality back.

Looks to me like RIM need to provide a software patch to get round this bluetooth issue in 4.5

Contributor
ML-B

Hi, can't see why this is an 'accepted solution'? It doesn't work for me. Still cannot get bluetooth on os4.5, need to go back to OS4.2.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

This thread is not marked as an accepted solution.
New Contributor
wojtas25
My Device: 8800

I have this same problem, no bluetooth after upgrading my BB to 4.5 OS.
Contributor
VoodooSobo

I have the same problem too after loading the Ver 4.5 to my BB 8800 in Nov 08.  It was a free upgrade sent to me by BB Connection News.  The joy was short lived when my bluetooth just can't seemed to be activated..arrrghh!!!!  Now I don't know how and where to look for the old ver 4.2 to download so that I can use my bluetooth again.  In fact Handango even sent me a Trial Ver 4.5 link and can be purchased at US 29.95 or something.  I hv voiced my concern to RIm etc but all I got was a beat-round-the-bush mail to no where.  Somebody please come out with a patch to rectify this problem.  It is really disappointing.  Who did the Ver 4.5 software anyway?

Peter

Contributor
VoodooSobo

Do happen to have the link to Ver 4.2?  I am unable to locate it...I am really disappointed with RIM's Ver 4.5 software launch.
New Developer
lenster

I found Oranges offering of OS 4.2 for the 8800 via the following location :

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=2E65F2F2FDAF6C699B223C61B1B5AB89

As you have probably read elsewhere you will need to remove vendor.xml from your PC if Orange is not your carrier before installing the OS onto your device.

I would also advise you to make sure you backup your device before the install - After wiping my 8800 it took a fair few battery pulls and cold sweats before desktop manager finally recognised it to allow the new OS to be installed !!

Good Luck...

Contributor
VoodooSobo

I downloaded ver 4.2 fm the link u provided but I am unable to upload to my BB 8800.....sigh.  I gv up and I am.

I also removed the 'vendor' issue.