Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
TClary

8800 headphone issues

Once I surrendered to the fact that my Blackberry 8800 ( tmobile ) would not allow me to use my s9 stereo bluetooth headphones >sigh<  I purchased a pair of "Body Glove" wired stereo headphones that had the correct size adapter.

I listen to my music almost all day and prefer to rarely touch the phone itself, using the headphones most of the day and a Bluetooth ( S500 ) earpiece in the evening.

For the second time ( second phone) the headset connection has failed. It seems that after about a month of use, first the headset crackles when pluged in but minor "wiggling" will make it work; although it may need to be plugged and unplugged a few time a day. This degrades over the day(s) to popping and humming and intermittent failures that become so irritating I just quit using the Blackberry as an Mp3 player.

This truly stinks becauase one of the main reasons I chose the 8800 was to be able to listen to my music while I work and not miss a phone call.

Anyone else have this problem?

TIA,

T

Please use plain text.
hughwpage

Re: 8800 headphone issues

I have the same exact problem and it's really #&$&*&# me off.  Please post back if you find a solution.  I'm with ATT
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 8800 headphone issues

I went through three headsets before I got it to work.

I bought a Radio shack adapter. It sounds funny, but it was a little thicker the 3.5 standard, there was no wiggle in it,

which was my problem as well. Try it.

If you need more info please askIf not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudosstar, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.