Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Taylarie
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 8800 presents with a white screen

You can ask questions on this user-to-user forum, or you can contact support directly. You must remember though, this is a user-to-user forum. Not BlackBerry direct support.

~Taylarie~
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dsmall
My Device: Bold

Taylarie wrote:

You can ask questions on this user-to-user forum, or you can contact support directly. You must remember though, this is a user-to-user forum. Not BlackBerry direct support.

I understand that, i'm just a little frustrated that no one has any ideas what can cause/fix this very annoying issue.

As always, any help would be appretiated!!!! :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
papakarlo
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

I had the same issue for some time with my Bold. Sometimes it would go blank after sleep, and show only the redrawn parts, sometimes it whould present the noise pattern as described here. Sometimes the picture would appear turned by 90 degrees, or even upside down.

I recently took the Bold apart to install the new trackball. In the process of that I reseated the LCD connector. Those two actions appear to have fixed my issue. You can see the instruction how to take it apart here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09b4tmDq2E . He shows the LCD connector location at 1:15 in his video. I think that is all you'd need to do.

Good luck,

-Gene

Please use plain text.
kevz65
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: o2

Hey guys, I suffer from the same problem. Re-seating the LCD connecter did not help at all, it helps for about a day then it went back the the problem!

Please use plain text.
phillyphatass
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: O2

I have the same problem on a bold 9000.  Reseating the LCD connector sorted it for a few days.  I will try again and give it a clean at same time. 

Please use plain text.